Are you ready for a Weight Loss Vegetable Soup that’s super flavorful and ready in less than 30 minutes? This soup is a great way to say goodbye to fad diets like the cabbage soup diet while still eating your way to a healthier, skinnier you! This soup is packed full of nutrient-dense vegetables to provide you with balanced nutrition in a fiber-rich package, helping you stay fuller for longer.
Yield: 4 servings | Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups | Calories: 111 | Total Fat: 1 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Carbohydrates: 25 g | Fiber: 10 g | Sugar: 14 g | Protein: 5 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 205 mg | Smart Points (Freestyle): 0
- 1 yellow onion, diced small
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and diced small
- 1 cup celery, diced small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced small
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 cups vegetable stock or broth
- 2 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups green cabbage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (not ground)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (not ground)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large soup pot on medium high heat, add the onions, carrots, celery , garlic, and bell peppers. Cook for about 3 minutes and add the water to help soften the vegetables.
- Stir in the vegetable stock and diced tomatoes and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the remaining ingredients and reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve hot.