Nutritious cupcakes for dinner? You know it! Guaranteed fun for the whole family, this recipe stuffs muffin cups with a fluffy turkey meatloaf and tops each with mashed potato icing.
Our mouthwatering Turkey Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potatoes incorporate a delicious jumble of whole wheat bread crumbs, savory sauces, and flavorful herbs with lean, protein-packed turkey.
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 329 | Total Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 636mg | Carbohydrates: 35g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Protein: 22g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6 |
- 1 pound lean ground turkey breast
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup grated carrots (grate on large holes of a cheese/box grater)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or butter
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 12 cups of a muffin tin generously with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in a pot of cold, salted water over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook until tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Drain. Mash potatoes with olive oil, salt, and milk.
- Meanwhile, mix meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl. Hands may be used. Divide meatloaf evenly into 12 muffin cups, 3/4 of the way full, pressing the meat in.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through. The inside should read 165 degrees when pierced with a meat thermometer. Cool muffins for about 4 to 5 minutes, remove from tin, and spread each evenly with mashed potatoes, lifting spatula to create peaks if desired.