Give your brown-bag lunches a flavor boost with our lemony, veggie-filled tuna salad.
Total Time: 15 min Prep: 15 min Cook: 0 min Serves: 2 Difficulty: Easy
- water-packed tuna fish drained: 6 oz
- whole wheat bread: 4 slice(s)
- uncooked carrot(s): ½ small, grated
- reduced calorie mayonnaise: 2 Tbsp
- fresh parsley: 2 Tbsp, chopped
- uncooked shallot(s): 1 medium, minced
- fresh lemon juice: 1 Tbsp
- lemon zest: 1 tsp, or more to taste
- black pepper: ½ tsp
- arugula: ½ cup(s), baby variety
- Combine all ingredients, except bread and arugula, in a small bowl; mix well.
- Layer 2 slices toast with 1/4 cup arugula and about 1/2 cup tuna salad; top with remaining slices toast and serve.
- Serving size: 1 sandwich