Imagine a big, hefty slice of a fluffy, soft omelette that’s filled with sautèed mushrooms. Add in a touch of cheese and you’ll have our healthy and delicious Soufflè Omelette with Mushrooms. It tastes so heavenly because we make it a bit differently from the normal omelette. Don’t worry: We’ll walk you through our super special (but, easy) method in a minute. You’ll be an omelette-making pro in no time!
Yield: 6 servings | Calories: 72 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Carbohydrates: 2 g | Fiber: 0 g | Sugar: 1 g | Protein: 6 g | Cholesterol: 98 mg | Sodium: 162 mg | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 1
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes servings: 2 to 3
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- Over medium heat, in a skillet, warm olive oil and sautè the garlic.
- Add the mushrooms and sautè for 10 minutes. Add the parsley then turn off the heat. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks, until thick. Next, beat the whites until white and frothy. (We used a blender for the egg whites). Fold the whites into the yolks, add cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Spray large skillet with nonstick spray.
- Pour in the egg mixture then cover. Cook until the top and bottom are set.
- With the help of a spatula, loosen it carefully. Add the mushrooms to the omelette then carefully fold over. Serve hot.