The addition of peaches to this recipe gives the sauce a sweetness that balances the spicy chipotle.
Total Time: 6 hr 20 min Prep: 20 min Cook: 6 hr Serves: 16 Difficulty: Easy
- uncooked onion(s): 1 large, thinly sliced
- unsweetened frozen peaches: 1 cup(s), sliced
- uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast: 1¾ pound(s)
- barbecue sauce: ¾ cup(s)
- apple cider vinegar: ¼ cup(s)
- canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce: 1 Tbsp, minced (remove seeds for less heat)
- store-bought adobo sauce: 1 Tbsp
- table salt: 1 tsp
- slider rolls: 16 item(s), toasted
- homemade coleslaw: 2 cup(s), such as our Collard Slaw with Warm Bacon Dressing (search for it in our recipe database)
- Put onions and peaches into a 4-quart or larger slow cooker; top with chicken.
- In a glass measuring cup, whisk together barbecue sauce, vinegar, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.
- Use two forks to shred chicken in slow cooker; stir in salt. Divide chicken and slaw between buns.
- Serving size: 1/4 c chicken, 2 Tbsp slaw, 1 bun