We love Italian cuisine at SkinnyMs., but we’re not always in the mood for heavy pastas and sauces. When we’re looking to serve something a little lighter for dinner, but we don’t want to sacrifice the zesty Italian flavor we’ve come to love, this Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken does the trick! This slow cooker recipe is easy to make, healthy, and tastes delicious. Chicken recipes do not have to be boring. Slow cooker foods are a great way to pack a lot of flavor into lean chicken breast. The end result of this balsamic chicken recipe is a moist, flavorful dish your entire family will love!
Yields: 10 Cups | Serving size: 1 Cup | Calories: 238 | Fat: 12 g | Saturated fat: 3 g | Trans fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 73 mg | Sodium: 170 mg | Carbohydrate: 7 g | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 4 g | Protein 25 g | Smart Points (Freestyle): 1 |
- 4-6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (about 40 ounces)
- 2 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced (Not chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (for gluten-free use White Balsamic Vinegar which doesn’t have caramel coloring)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Pour the olive oil on bottom of slow cooker, add chicken breasts, salt and pepper each breast, put sliced onion on top of chicken then put in all the dried herbs and garlic cloves. Pour in vinegar and top with tomatoes.
- Cook on high 4 hours, serve over angel hair pasta.