Beans are a cheap storecupboard staple – great for bulking up stews and soups.
Total Time: 45 min Prep: 15 min Cook: 30 min Serves: 4 Difficulty: Easy
8 on Green 5 on Blue 5 on Purple Smartpoint Values
- Reduced fat pork sausages, grilled: 8 medium
- Calorie controlled cooking spray: 4 spray(s)
- Cabbage: 400 g, red cabbage, shredded
- Vinegar, All Types: 2 tablespoons, red wine vinegar
- Redcurrant Jelly: 1 tablespoons
- Cloves, Whole or Ground: 4 individual
- Shallots: 2 medium, finely diced
- Garlic: 2 clove(s), crushed
- Rosemary, Fresh: 2 sprig(s), leaves picked and chopped
- Chick Peas, cooked: 2 can(s), large, drained, drained and rinsed
- Chicken stock cube(s): ¼ cube(s), to make 150ml stock
- Half Fat Crème Frâiche: 1 tablespoons, level
- Parsley, fresh: 1 tablespoons, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Cook the sausages in the oven for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mist a large pan with cooking spray, add the cabbage, vinegar, jelly, cloves and a little water. Season. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, adding more water if needed.
- Meanwhile, mist a pan with cooking spray and fry the shallots, garlic and rosemary for 10 minutes. Add the chickpeas and stock and cook for 2 minutes. Season, then mash and stir through the crème fraîche and parsley. Serve with the sausages and cabbage.