Peanut butter and banana are just one of those can’t-lose combos. It’s a tasty, hearty, and filling combination that creates a sweet treat that’s also nutritionally rich. Peanut butter is famously high in protein. Meanwhile, bananas are a known powerhouse of nutrients, including high potassium and fiber levels. Together, these tasty ingredients make a hearty, instantly energizing meal. This Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats recipe is certainly no exception.
Yield: about 2 cups | Servings: 2 servings | Calories: 227 | Total Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Carbohydrates: 40 g | Fiber: 5 g | Sugar: 9 g | Protein: 7 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 47 mg | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey, (maple syrup for a vegan option)
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 tablespoons natural creamy peanut butter
- Combine the oats, milk, chila seeds, vanilla, cinnamon, and honey. Mix well. Pour a small amount into 2 glass jars or other serving containers.
- Layer the banana and peanut butter and pour the remaining oat mixture over top. Cover, seal, and let sit overnight. Serve chilled