You’ll love this different way with salmon – baked in a punchy mustard glaze, then served with lentils (virtually fat-free!) and delicious caramelised balsamic onions
Total Time: 25 min Prep: 5 min Cook: 20 min Serves: 4 Difficulty: Easy
- Olive Oil: 1½ tablespoons
- Red onion(s): 2 medium, finely sliced
- Honey: 1 teaspoons, level
- Balsamic vinegar: 3 teaspoons
- Green or Brown Lentils, cooked: 2 can(s), large, drained
- Smooth Mustard: 2 teaspoons, level
- Salmon, raw: 4 fillet(s), medium
- Rocket: 80 g
- Lemon Juice, Fresh: 25 ml
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6 and line a baking sheet with baking paper. Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion on a low heat for 8-10 minutes, or until really soft. Add the honey and balsamic and continue to cook for 5-6 minutes, until caramelised. Stir in the lentils and cook for a further couple of minutes. Take off the heat and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, mix together the mustard, lemon juice and remaining oil in a small jug. Put the salmon on the prepared baking sheet. Season, then drizzle over the glaze. Roast for 12 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Toss the rocket through the lentils and serve with the salmon fillets.
COOK’S TIP THIS GLAZE WOULD BE DELICIOUS ON OTHER TYPES OF ZERO POINTS FISH TOO. WE ALSO LOVE IT WITH SEA BASS AND TROUT.