Serve these up for brunch or grab one and reheat at work. They’re super-flavorful and easy to personalize with other types of veggies and cheese.
Total Time: 50 min Prep: 15 min Cook: 35 min Serves: 12 Difficulty: Easy
- cooking spray: 2 spray(s)
- olive oil: 1 tsp
- uncooked onion(s): 1 small, minced
- cooked turkey bacon: 4 slice(s), crumbled
- egg(s): 2 large
- egg white(s): 2 large
- low-fat milk: 1 cup(s)
- half-and-half cream: ½ cup(s)
- all-purpose flour: 1 Tbsp
- table salt: ¼ tsp
- black pepper: ⅛ tsp
- Gruyère cheese: 2 oz, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- chives: 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 12-hole muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. When oil shimmers, add onion. Cook, stirring, 2-3 minutes, until translucent. Divide onion and crumbled bacon among prepared muffin cups.
- In a blender, combine eggs, egg whites, milk, half-and-half, flour, salt and pepper until foamy, about 20 seconds. Pour about 3 Tbsp egg mixture into each muffin cup; sprinkle each with about 2 tsp cheese.
- Bake until puffed and lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature sprinkled with chives (note that quiches will sink as they cool).
- Serving size: 1 quiche