Greek yogurt and bananas make these cupcakes super moist. An easy two-ingredient frosting adds amazing richness.
Total Time: 1 hr 18 min Prep: 20 min Cook: 13 min Serves: 24 Difficulty: Easy
- all-purpose flour: ¾ cup(s)
- unsweetened cocoa powder: ⅓ cup(s)
- baking powder: 1 tsp
- baking soda: 1 tsp
- table salt: ¼ tsp
- banana(s): 3 small, ripe, mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- plain lowfat Greek yogurt: ¼ cup(s)
- sugar: ⅓ cup(s), granulated
- egg(s): 1 large
- vanilla extract: 1 tsp
- mini chocolate chips: 10 Tbsp
- cooking spray: 4 spray(s)
- lite whipped topping: 1 cup(s), thawed
- salted creamy peanut butter: 3 Tbsp, or unsalted
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, combine bananas, yogurt, sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined; gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Spray 24 hole mini-muffin pan with cooking spray (or line with cupcake liners) and fill each with a heaping tablespoon batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 13 minutes. Cool to room temperature in pan, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make frosting, beat together whipped topping and peanut butter by hand until light and fluffy. Frost each cupcake with a rounded teaspoon frosting and chill until ready to serve.
- Serving size: 1 cupcake