Frittatas are not just for breakfast. Pair this bacon-and-cheese version with roasted potatoes and mixed greens for a super supper.
Total Time: 34 min Prep: 12 min Cook: 22 min Serves: 4 Difficulty: Easy
- olive oil: 1 tsp
- uncooked turkey bacon: 2 slice(s), chopped
- uncooked shallot(s): 2 medium, chopped
- uncooked kale: 6 cup(s), chopped
- egg(s): 4 large
- egg white(s): 4 large
- table salt: ¼ tsp
- crumbled feta cheese: ¼ cup(s)
- Preheat broiler.
- In an oven-safe skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add bacon. Cook, stirring frequently, until crisp, about 5-7 minutes; drain bacon on paper towels and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add shallots. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 2-3 minutes; add a few handfuls of kale, tossing with tongs and adding more as it cooks down, until kale is tender, 3-5 minutes. (If skillet seems dry while kale is cooking, add a splash of water.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, bacon, cheese and salt; pour over kale mixture. Stir to evenly distribute ingredients; cook undisturbed until set, about 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven; broil until browned, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Serving size: ¼ of frittata
Garnish with chopped dill and scallion, if desired.