This recipe by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough was originally published in The Kitchen Shortcut Bible, and edited for WW magazine with permission.
Total Time: 40 min Prep: 20 min Cook: 20 min Serves; 4 Difficulty: Easy
- cooking spray: 2 spray(s)
- uncooked Canadian bacon: 3 oz, diced
- olive oil: 1 tsp, extra virgin
- uncooked jicama: 4 cup(s), peeled, shredded, squeezed dry
- uncooked onion(s): 2 cup(s), chopped, finey chopped
- granulated garlic: 1 tsp
- kosher salt: ¾ tsp
- paprika: ½ tsp, smoked
- black pepper: ⅛ tsp
- egg(s): 4 large
- fresh parsley: 1 Tbsp
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Saute bacon, stirring often, until lightly browned, 5 minutes. Remove bacon from pan; set aside.
- Add oil, jicama, onion, garlic, salt, paprika and pepper to same pan and set over high heat; cook, stirring often, until onion is softened and jicama begins to brown, 10-12 minutes. Spoon jicama mixture into a serving bowl; add Canadian bacon and gently stir to combine.
- Wipe skillet clean; off heat, coat with cooking spray. Fry eggs over medium heat and serve over hash. Garnish with parsley.
- Serving size: 1/2 cup hash plus 1 egg