Chopped fresh oregano would be a nice addition to this recipe.
Total Time: 13 min Prep: 8 min Cook: 5 min Serves: 1 Difficulty: Easy
- cooking spray: 5 spray(s)
- egg(s): 2 large, whisked with a pinch of salt and pepper
- grape tomatoes: ⅔ cup(s), halved
- shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese: 2 Tbsp
- uncooked shallot(s): 1 tsp, minced
- basil: 1 Tbsp, chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- Coat a small omelet pan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add egg; swirl to spread egg over pan and cook until bottom is set and top is nearly cooked through, about 3 minutes. Top omelet with tomatoes, cheese, shallot and basil. Fold omelet over; cook 1-2 minutes more. Garnish with basil (optional); serve.
- Serving size: 1 omelet