If you’re running out of ideas of what snacks to give your kids, you’ve come to the right place. This recipe will become your favorite as well as theirs! Everyone loves a good applesauce, but how often do we actually try our hand at making it? There’s always a first time, and for your first attempt you’ll love this fail-safe Instant Pot applesauce. With 4 ingredients and 20 minutes, you can accomplish nearly perfect applesauce that your kids will fall in love with. You simply need the Instant Pot in order to cook the apples and soak in the cinnamon and lime juice. Once the apples have cooked, they go straight into a blender and come out as the final product. It’s so easy to do and just as easy to eat. Give it a go, and see how many servings your kids ask for!
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 177 | Total Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 5mg | Carbohydrates: 42g | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 22g | Protein: 1g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 0
- 6 to 8 medium apples (we recommend a combination of Granny Smith and Gala apples
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
- Peel and cut apples into 2 inch chunks. Place apples and all other ingredients into the Instant Pot.
- Close Instant Pot lid,ensuring the vent is in the sealed position. Press the “manual” button and adjust to high pressure and set the timer to 8 minutes. The Instant Pot will preheat before beginning the cooking time.
- Once the timer goes off, let sit for about 2-3 minutes. Turn steam vent to release pressure and carefully release the steam and remove lid.
- Drain off any excess water. Place cooked apples in a mixture and mix on low until desired applesauce consistency is reached – smooth or chunky! Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- NOTE: This recipe can also be used when canning or freezing applesauce!