Swap your usual cream-laden curry for this lighter, yet just as tasty, paneer stir-fry
Total Time:25 min Prep: 5 min Cook: 20 min Serves: 4 Difficulty:Easy
9 on Green 8 on Blue 8 on Purple Smartpoint Values
- Cauliflower, Raw: 600 g, cut into florets
- Vegetable Oil: 1 tablespoons
- Mustard Seeds: 1 tablespoons, level
- Red onion(s): 1 medium, cut into wedges
- Curry Leaves, fresh: 6 g, 6 leaves
- Chilli flakes: 1 teaspoons, level
- Cumin seeds: 2 teaspoons, level
- Chick Peas, cooked: 1 can(s), large, drained, drained and rinsed
- Turmeric: 1½ teaspoons
- Green Beans: 250 g, trimmed and halved
- Lemon Juice, Fresh: 45 ml
- Calorie controlled cooking spray: 4 spray(s)
- Paneer Cheese: 200 g, cut into chunks
- Lemon(s): 1 medium, cut into wedges, to serve
- Heat a lidded wok or large frying pan over a high heat. Add the cauliflower and 60ml water. Cook, partially covered, for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the wok and stir-fry the mustard seeds for 1 minute or until they start to pop. Add the onion, curry leaves, chilli and cumin seeds, then stir-fry for 5 minutes. Return the cauliflower to the wok, then add the chickpeas and turmeric. Stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, 2½ tbsp of the lemon juice and season to taste. Stir-fry for a final 3 minutes or until the veg is tender.
- Meanwhile, lightly mist a small frying pan with cooking spray. Cook the paneer over a medium-high heat for 1 minute on each side or until golden. Season with pepper and the remaining lemon juice.
- Serve the stir-fried veg and paneer with the lemon wedges.