Mmm- bite into one of these chewy delights and prepare to take your taste buds on the ride of their lives. Made with 100% clean and wholesome ingredients, this healthy chicken recipe spices up any ordinary chicken dish by delivering bold, tangy flavors in bite-sized pieces. The brilliant combination of black pepper, honey, and soy sauce create a mouthwatering glaze without the processed sugars and artificial ingredients in store-bought glazes or barbecue sauces. Did we mention the recipe is a snap to whip up? Simply whisk together all ingredients besides chicken, pour marinade over chicken pieces, and you’re ready to cook! All the juices come together to give this easy weeknight dish a lip-smacking kick. It also makes the perfect, guilt-free tailgating snack!
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 228 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 83 mg | Sodium: 625 mg | Carbohydrates: 11 g | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 9 g | Protein: 27 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into large, bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup lite (low sodium) soy sauce, optional Tamari
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, more if desired
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder, optional 1 tablespoon peeled and minced ginger root
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the marinade, besides the chicken. Place chicken pieces in a sealable bag or container and pour the marinade over the ingredients. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Empty chicken and all of marinade into a pan over medium heat and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, until chicken pieces are cooked through, stirring frequently.
- Serve chicken and all of sauce.