This is perfect for a Boxing Day breakfast, or served in the evening with cold turkey and pickles.
Total Time: 0 min Prep: 0 min; Cook: 0 min: Serves: 4 Difficulty: Easy
- Calorie controlled cooking spray: 4 spray(s)
- Red onion(s): 1 small, finely sliced
- Potato(es), boiled: 500 g, cut into bite-size pieces
- Premium ham: 150 g, chopped
- Hot Pepper Sauce (Tabasco): 1 splash(es), to taste
- Egg, whole, raw: 4 medium, raw
- Parsley, fresh: 1 sprig(s), fresh, roughly chopped
- Mist a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and fry the onion, seasoned with freshly ground black pepper, for 6-8 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the potatoes and ham to the pan and cook until heated through. Stir in a dash of the Tabasco sauce and cook for 5 minutes until the potatoes start to turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs in a large pan of simmering water for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the hash between bowls and top with a poached egg. Serve garnished with the parsley and seasoned with black pepper.