This recipe has all the elements of a Greek salad but is served on a bun. The creamy feta spread would be great over baked potatoes.
Total Time: 34 min Prep: 18 min Cook: 6 min Serves: 4 Difficulty: Easy
- cooking spray: 4 spray(s)
- uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s): 1¼ pound(s), four 4 oz pieces
- olive oil: 2 tsp
- red wine vinegar: 1 tsp
- dill: 1 tsp, fresh, chopped
- dried oregano: ½ tsp
- kosher salt: ½ tsp
- garlic powder: ¼ tsp
- black pepper: ⅛ tsp, freshly ground (or to taste)
- crumbled feta cheese: ⅔ cup(s)
- fat free skim milk: 1 Tbsp
- uncooked red onion(s): 1 Tbsp, minced
- light hamburger roll(s) or bun(s): 4 item(s), toasted
- lettuce: 2 piece(s), romaine, cut in half
- fresh tomato(es): ½ medium, cut into 4 slices
- Coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
- Pound chicken until about 1/4-inch thick; place on a large baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, vinegar, dill, oregano, salt, garlic powder and pepper; drizzle over chicken and flip to coat both sides. Let chicken sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cheese, milk and onion; mash together with a fork to make a spread.
- Grill chicken, flipping once, until browned and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place chicken on toasted bun bottoms; spread each with 1 heaping Tbsp feta spread. Top each with 1 piece lettuce and 1 slice tomato; cover with bun tops.
- Serving size: 1 sandwich
Cut each piece of chicken in half if it’s too big to fit on the roll. Each sandwich will then contain 2 pieces of chicken.