Wouldn’t it be nice to come home to a hot bowl of soup after a long day at work? With this Easy Slow Cooker Chicken & Rice Soup Recipe, dinner is as good as done!
Yield: 8 Servings | Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cup | Calories: 290 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Carbohydrates: 43 g | Sugar: 2 g | Protein: 21 g | Cholesterol: 41 mg | Sodium: 346 mg | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except brown rice and parsley. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken breast from the slow cooker and shred. Return the chicken to the slow cooker and stir in the cooked brown rice. Sprinkle the parsley over top and serve.