This no-knead recipe is adapted from bread maestro Jim Lahey’s technique. Toss together your ingredients in the morning, leave it on the counter all day, and come home to pizza dough, ready to go.
Total Time 8 hr 30 min Prep 20 min Cook 10 min Serves 8 Difficulty Easy
- bread flour 2¾ cup(s)
- white whole wheat flour 1 cup(s)
- yeast 1 tsp, instant variety
- table salt ¾ tsp
- water 1½ cup(s), at room temperature
- bread flour 1 Tbsp
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 2 3/4 c bread flour, white wheat flour, yeast and salt. Add water and use a wooden spoon or clean hands to mix it into a rough dough—it will be sticky.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature for 8-10 hours, until doubled in size.
- Divide dough into 8 even pieces (about 4 oz each); form into balls. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp bread flour; cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- Working with one ball at a time on a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a rough 8-inch circle. Sprinkle top lightly with flour; cover with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining dough, stacking crusts until all 8 have been rolled (place parchment paper between each crust to prevent them from sticking).
- Serving size: 1 crust