I don’t know what I’d do without my slow cooker. It has served as a major lifesaver on so many occasions. If you haven’t hopped on the slow cooker train yet, it’s about time you treat yourself to one of these seemingly magical appliances. You’ll save yourself a truckload of time and money, (not to mention stress!) in the long run. Slow cookers bring so much goodness to the table (no pun intended!).
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup | Calories: 250 | Total Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 246mg | Carbohydrates: 22g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 26g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 3 (6 ounce) boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced small
- 1/2 cup carrot, peeled and diced small
- 1/2 cup celery, peeled and diced small
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons corn starch (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cold water (optional)
- Rinse the wild rice and place in the crock pot with the chicken, onion, carrot, celery, broth, sage, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred using a fork. Return the chicken to crock pot along with the Greek yogurt. Stir until the soup is smooth. Ladle into serving bowls and top with parsley. Serve and enjoy!
- If the soup needs thickening, combine the optional cornstarch and cold water. Stir until smooth and then gradually add to the soup until desired consistency is reached.