This recipe by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough was originally published in The Kitchen Shortcut Bible, and edited for WW magazine with permission.
Total Time: 40 min Prep: 20 min Cook: 20 min Serves: 4 Difficulty: Easy
- cooking spray: 2 spray(s)
- minced onion: 2 cup(s)
- uncooked carrot(s): 1 cup(s), minced
- garlic clove(s): 2 medium clove(s), minced
- uncooked 99% fat-free ground turkey breast: 1 pound(s)
- Italian seasoning: 2½ tsp
- red pepper flakes: 1 pinch
- kosher salt: 1 tsp, or adjust as neceesary
- canned low-sodium chicken broth: ¾ cup(s)
- canned tomato puree: 24 oz, with no added salt
- balsamic vinegar: 1 tsp, high quality
- plain fat free Greek yogurt: 1 Tbsp
- fresh parsley: 1 Tbsp, or basil, chopped (for garnish)
- Coat a large Dutch oven with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, garlic, turkey, Italian seasoning, hot pepper flakes and salt; sauté, stirring frequently, until vegetables begin to soften, 5 minutes.
- Add broth; stir and continue to cook until turkey is no longer pink and cooked through. Stir in pureed tomato; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for flavors to blend, 10 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and yogurt; season to taste, if desired, and garnish with parsley or basil.
- Serving size: 1 ¼ c
Serving suggestion – serve each portion of sauce over 2 oz cooked bucatini.