Upgrade your go-to chicken dinner with this winning idea
Total Time: 20 min Prep: 5 min Cook: 15 min Serves: 4 Difficulty: Easy
- Calorie controlled cooking spray: 4 spray(s)
- Chicken breast, skinless, raw: 500 g, mini fillets
- Thyme, Fresh: 1 tablespoons, lemon, finely chopped
- Red pepper(s): 1 medium, roughly chopped
- Garlic: 2 clove(s), thinly sliced
- Kale, raw: 200 g, roughly chopped
- Green or Brown Lentils, cooked: 1 can(s), large, drained, drained and rinsed
- Lemon Juice, Fresh: 4 tablespoons
- Corn on the cob, raw: 4 medium
- Mist a nonstick pan with cooking spray and set over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and lemon thyme and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until just browned. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Mist the pan with more cooking spray then add the pepper and garlic and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes until tender. Add the kale and cook, stirring, for a further minute, then stir in the lentils and lemon juice.
- Arrange the chicken on top of the lentil mixture then cover and cook for 3 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Meanwhile, cook the sweetcorn in the microwave to pack instructions. Serve the chicken, lentil and kale braise with the sweetcorn cobs on the side.
If you like, add 100g boiled new potatoes each for an extra 2 SmartPoints per serving.