Chilly evening? Warm yourself up with a serving of fiery meatballs
Total Time: 45 min Prep: 20 min Cook: 25 min Serves: 4 Difficulty: Moderate
- Calorie controlled cooking spray: 4 spray(s)
- Red onion(s): 1 medium, diced
- Extra lean beef mince (5% fat), raw: 500 g
- Bart Harissa Paste: 40 g
- Ground Cumin: 1 teaspoons, level
- Coriander, fresh: 2 tablespoons
- Coriander, Dried: 1 teaspoons, level
- Garlic: 2 clove(s), crushed
- Tinned Tomatoes: 2 can(s), large, cherry
- Spinach: 200 g, young leaf
- Light Feta Cheese: 50 g, crumbled
- Butternut Squash: 600 g, spiralised
- Mist a small pan with cooking spray and cook the onion over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes, until softened, then transfer to a plate and set aside to cool.
- Combine the mince, half the harissa paste, and all the cumin, fresh and ground coriander, garlic and cooled onion. Season and shape into 12 balls.
- Mist a deep nonstick frying pan with cooking spray over a medium heat and brown the meatballs all over. Stir in the tomatoes and remaining harissa paste and simmer for 10 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce has thickened. Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Meanwhile, mist another deep nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and cook the butternut squash over a medium heat for 6-7 minutes, until tender.
- Divide the ‘boodles’ between plates, top with the meatballs and serve with the feta crumbled over the top.