Total Time: 45 min Prep:10 min Cook: 35 min Serves: 4 Difficulty: Easy
- Potato(es), Raw: 400 g, peeled and cut into small cubes
- Beetroot: 4 whole, small, peeled and cut into small cubes
- Calorie controlled cooking spray: 4 spray(s)
- Chorizo Sausage: 75 g, skin removed and torn into chunks
- Egg, whole, raw: 4 medium, raw
- Parsley, fresh: 2 tablespoons, roughly chopped
- Put the potatoes and beetroot in separate pans and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain the potatoes (they should be easy to pierce with a fork, but not completely cooked through) and cook the beetroot for a further 5 minutes. Drain the beetroot, which should be similar in texture to the potatoes, and leave both to dry.
- Mist a large frying pan with cooking spray and set over a medium heat. Add the chorizo then cook for 3-4 minutes until crisp on the edges and the fat has been released. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chorizo to a small plate. Add the potatoes and beetroot to the pan and cook for 10 minutes until they start to colour all over and are tender. Stir in the chorizo. Make 4 holes in the hash and crack 1 egg into each. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until the whites are mostly cooked, and then cover for another couple of minutes. The whites should be set but the yolks still runny. Scatter over the parsley and season well before serving.