Growing up, “quesadillas” were one of many things my sister and I realized we could “cook” all by ourselves in the microwave.
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 354 | Total Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 533mg | Carbohydrates: 35g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 23g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 1/2 cup (fat-free) sour cream
- 1 cup (reduced-fat) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup corn kernels (canned or frozen, thawed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 larger whole grain tortillas, recipe for tortillas
- Preheat the oven o 400 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, sour cream, half the cheese, half the cumin, half the chili powder, salt, and half the pepper. Mix well.
- In a second bowl, combine the corn, black beans, the remaining cumin, chili powder, and pepper. Mix well.
- Lay two of the tortillas in the bottom of the casserole dish. Spread half of the chicken mixture over the tortillas and half the bean mixture over the chicken. Place the remaining tortillas over the beans and repeat. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve hot.