Your stomach grumbles but your watch tells you dinner isn’t for another two hours. Instead of struggling through your cravings, why not satisfy your hunger with a nutritious snack? When trying to lose weight or simply live a healthier lifestyle, you might think cutting snacks from your diet will help you reach your goals. But snacks that are heavy on nutrients and light on calories can boost your metabolism and energy levels, holding you over until your next meal.
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 73 | Total Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 142mg | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 5g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2 |
- 1 bunch kale, *de-ribbed and coarsley chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- *Cut tough ribs and stems from kale. Chop leaves into large, bite-sized pieces.
- Place chopped kale in a bowl. Add olive oil, tossing, and sprinkle Parmesan to coat. Spread chips flat on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes on middle rack, until crisp and browned in places, stirring and rotating pan halfway through.